Sea Water Composite RO Membrane.
High Performance, Low Fouling Seawater RO membranes for Desalination and Power Industry.
SWC5-LD from the LD Technology™ innovative low fouling membranes, achieves superior salt and boron rejection to
give a consistently pure end-product from a variety of feedwaters at low operating pressures
With the desalination industry poised to meet the world’s fresh water demand, it has become critical to obtain fresh water in an environmentally friendly and economical manner.
At Hydranautics, we understand the needs of the desalination industry to maintain the highest purity of the produced water while optimizing flow and reducing the power consumption of the desalination system.
The SWC5-LD Seawater Reverse Osmosis membrane from Nitto Denko - Hydranautics combines the best of the seawater desalination technology with the cutting edge of the low fouling LD Technology™. The SWC5-LD gives you the highest flow rates, highest ion rejection and the lowest energy consumption combined with reduced biological and colloidal fouling.
The SWC5-LD is the most suitable membrane for desalination applications for conventional as well as hybrid plants. When desalination is used for applications
such as boiler feedwater for power plants and agricultural application, you can trust the SWC5-LD to give you the performance you need!
Key Benefits :
- High permeate flow - 9,000 gpd (34.1 m3/d)
- High salt rejection - 99.8% (99.7% minimum)
- 92% boron rejection
- Lowest biological and colloidal fouling
- Greater tolerance to high pH cleanings
- Lower energy consumption
- Boiler makeup water in power industry
- Conventional and hybrid desalination plants
- Boron reduction for agricultural application
Permeate Flow 9,000 gpd (34.1 m3/d)
Salt Rejection 99.8 % (99.7 % minimum)
Boron Rejection (Typical): 92.0%†
† When tested at standard test conditions with 5.0 ppm Boron in feed solution
- pH Range, Continuous (Cleaning) 2-11 (1-13)*
- Maximum Feedwater SDI (15 min) 5.0
- Maximum Feed Flow 75 GPM (17.0 m3/h)
*The limitations shown here are for general use. For specific projects, operating at more
conservative values may ensure the best performance and longest life of the membrane.
See Hydranautics Technical Bulletins for more detail on operation limits, cleaning pH, and
- The stated performance is initial (data taken after 30 minutes of
- operation), based on the following conditions
- 32,000 ppm NaCl
- 800 psi (5.5 MPa) Applied Pressure
- 77 F (25 C) Operating Temperature
- 10% Permeate Recovery
- 6.5 - 7.0 pH Range
- Enhanced membrane chemistry for increased chemical resistance
- Innovative spacer design to minimize trapping of small colloidal particles
- HYDRAblock™ technology providing biostatic properties to minimize proliferation of biological fouling
- Proprietary vented seal carrier to eliminate pressure-shock damage during system startup.