Cartridge Pentek EP-BB
Nominal 5 micron Carbon Briquette Drinking Water Filter Cartridges,
Pentek EP-BB filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
Pentek / Ametek EP-BB Water Filter:
- Nominal 5 micron Carbon Briquette Drinking Water Filter Cartridges
- Pentek EP-BB filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water
- High dirt-holding capacity maximizes utilization of the carbon block (based on manufacturer's internal testing)
- Highly effective bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction (based on manufacturer's internal testing)
- Pentek EP-BB water filter cartridges are versatile and combine the long life of carbon block filtration with the higher dirtholding capacity of wound, carbon-impregnated paper cartridges like our C-1 filter.
- Ametek EP-BB cartridges are manufactured using a patented process. A high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capacity is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop.
- These cartridges are protected by Endurawrap™, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate pre-filter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges.
- Pentek EPBB filter cartridges are manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials making them an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size.
Pentek EP-BB Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 4-5/8" (248 mm x 118 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 5 Micron
- Temperature Rating:
40°F to 180°F (4.4°C to 82.2°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): 4.3 psi @ 2 gpm (0.30 bar @ 7.6 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm): >22,000 gallons @ 2 gpm
(83,300 liters @ 7.6 L/min)
NOTE: Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) with greater than 90% reduction.
Pentek EP-BB Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
Water Filter Housings for the EP-BB water filters:
- 155548 Pentek EP-BB filter fits in housings for 10 inch Big Blue water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 10" Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System