Energy Saving, High Productivity, Low Fouling Polyamide RO Membranes.
ESPA2-LD from the LD Technology™ innovative low fouling membranes, offers significant cost savings with lower
operating pressure requirements while providing an optimal flow.
When high productivity from a membrane element is important, the ESPA family of products is the right choice. ESPA (Energy Saving Polyamide) membranes achieve high flux without compromising on the standard for high rejection. The ESPA2-LD membranes find wide applications in the industry due to the significant cost savings associated with their use.
The ESPA2-LD has a high rejection of silica and boron, and an enhanced tolerance to high pH cleaning. Combining the energy saving properties of the ESPA membranes with the low biological and colloidal fouling properties of the LD Technology™, the ESPA2-LDmembranes provide you an optimum performance and greater cost savings!
With a high boron rejection the ESPA2-LD membrane is most suitable for applications such as irrigation where it is critical to maintain a very low level of boron, bottling
operations and other light industrial uses.
Key Benefits :
- High Permeate Flow - 10,000 gpd (37.9 m3/d)
- Lower operating pressure
- Lower energy consumption
- High Salt Rejection - 99.6% (99.5% minimum)
- Lowest Biological And Colloidal Fouling
- Higher rejection for impurities including Silica and Boron
- Greater tolerance to high pH cleanings
- Municipal drinking water treatment
- Water treatment for irrigation in agricultural activities
- Drinking water and beverages bottling operations
- Light industrial uses for treating water low in biodegradable organics
- Permeate Flow 10,000 gpd (37.9 m/d)
- Salt Rejection 99.6% (99.5 % minimum)
- pH Range, Continuous (Cleaning) 2-11 (1-13)*
- Maximum Feedwater SDI (15 min) 5.0
- Maximum Feed Flow 75 GPM (17.0 m3/h)
* The limitations shown here are for general use. For specific projects, operating at more conservative
values may ensure the best performance and longest life of the membrane. See Hydranautics
Technical Bulletins for more detail on operation limits, cleaning pH, and cleaning temperatures.
The stated performance is initial (data taken after 30 minutes of operation), based on the following conditions
- 1500 PPM NaCl solution
- 150 psi (1.05 MPa) Applied Pressure 77o F (25o C) Operating Temperature
- 15% Permeate Recovery
- 6.5 - 7.0 pH Range
- Enhanced membrane chemistry for increased chemical resistance
- Innovative spacer design to minimize trapping of small colloidal particles
- HYDRAblock technology providing biostatic properties to minimize proliferation of biological fouling
- Proprietary Vented Seal Carrier to eliminate pressure-shock damage during system startup.