CARTRIDGE PENTEK CBC SERIES
CBC Series Carbon-Briquette Cartridges
CBC Series cartridges are highly effective at reducing unwanted tastes and odors, including chlorine taste & odor, from potable drinking water. The unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts and fine sediment particles down to 0.5 microns.
CBC Series cartridges are manufactured using a patented process and made entirely from FDA-compliant materials. They are an ideal choice for a wide range residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications. They also make excellent polishing filters or pre-filters in applications requiring fine filtration and high capacity.
Features, Options, & Benefits
- Nominal 0.5-micron rating
- 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts
- Premium high capacity bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction
- Enhanced dirt-holding capacity
- The unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts and fine sediment particles down to 0.5 microns (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The CBC Series Pentek water filter cartridges are an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications. They also make excellent polishing filters or pre-filters in applications requiring fine filtration and high capacity.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size.
- NOTE: CBC Series cartridges are capable of reducing 99.95% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.
- NOTE: CBC Series cartridges say "Not for residential sale in the state of California" on the filter label because they have not been submitted to CA for testing.
Available in 2 Size, 0.5 micron 10 inch and 20 inch.
Initial AP (PSI)
@Flow rate (GPM)
Chlorine Taste & oder Reduction
@Flow Rate (GPM)
|CBC-10||2.88" x 9.75 "||0,5 Micron||<20 psi @1 gpm
(<1.38 bar @3.8 Lpm)
|>20.000 gallons @1gpm
75.708L @3.8 Lpm
|CBC-20||2.88" x 20"||0,5 Micron||17 psi @2 gpm
(1.17 bar @7.6 Lpm)
|>45.000 gallons @2 gpm
(170.343L @7.6 Lpm)
Pentek CBC Series Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N